Friday, October 16, 2009

Nothing is Safe Anymore

Ruthie has figured out how to climb. I walked into the kitchen this morning and she had climbed up on one of the girls' chairs and gotten a tomato off the counter top. Since her Mama is not exceptionally tall, nor are her sisters yet, this is a problem. There is often a stool or chair of some sort in our kitchen. If I put their chairs in the middle of the living room Ruthie will climb on them and flip them over. If I put them up against something then she will keep right on climbing onto whatever the chair is up against, or can at least reach whatever I am trying to keep out of her reach on top of whatever the chair is up against. We're in for it now, little Ruthie! I can't take my eyes off you for a second!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, Katie, you knew it was coming! You just had to learn what it was like having you for a daughter. Just climb along with her girl. What an active girl. Can't wait to come for a visit.
love you,
Mom

akamilby said...

Wow Ruthie! Good climbing! I can't believe she's not even one year old yet! I also can't believe I've never met her, but I feel bad about that, so I'm not going to bring it up. She's is changing and developping so fast: it's fun to see--thanks for sharing with us Kates!