Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Celebrating Mitch

We sure do love this Daddy'O of ours.Josie had been making and collecting and wrapping gifts for him for at least a month and a half:
You are one well loved father.
I love the cries of "Daddy!" when you walk through the door each evening and Ruthie running as fast as her little legs will carry her to be swooped up in a hug by her Daddy'O.
I love when we meet up with you on the creek path as you're riding between work and classes and we're on our way to or from picking Anna up at school. I love how fast Josie's legs start spinning on her bike as soon as she catches a glimpse of you through the trees.
I love the laughter that fills our house as you chase three little girls around and tickle them to cries of "Don't tickle me!...Tickle me!...Don't tickle me!...Tickle me!"

I love the smile on your face that you always have for us, no matter how stressful your day has been or how tired you are because you were up late the previous night getting work done.

Celebrating Mitch means spending a day doing what he likes best. We got serenaded in the morning with guitar music. Some of us joined in:
We went for a family bike ride, Anna in the lead, then Mitch, Josie, and Ruthie and I bringing up the rear. Yes, I am taking pictures while riding:)
Birthday dessert was my own creation of berries, peaches, and thickened, sweetened cream all baked in the oven for a while per the birthday boy's request:
We love you, Mitch, and we loved celebrating you on your birthday!

2 comments:

Jo Miller said...

Wow, I don't know anyone else who can ride a bike with a lovely child in the seat and take a picture with themselves in it along with the Flatirons. Pretty impressive. Happy Birthday Mitch. So glad you had a day to celebrate the wonderful guy you are. Thanks for putting my gift in the pictures so I know he got it. Of course you realize that it is another instrument. When I heard the fellow in Goroka playing it, I knew it had to be for Mitch. Another instrument to master. Yeah for special family times.
love you all,
Grandma Jo

akamilby said...

Happy Birthday Mitch! We talked about your birthday on Sunday, but we forgot to call. I'm glad it fell on a day off, a family day. You are a well-loved daddy and husband!