Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Outside Girl

You may have thought that all the Clement girls loved to be outside, but this one tops them all. She's the first one to ask to go outside each (and every) day, goes and gets her jacket, hat, shoes, whatever she thinks she might need, comes and finds me and says "ah-ah", in that distinct toddler talk way that only a mother understands. Outside I send her, and her sisters soon follow. Nothing brings a smile to her face like getting to play outside. She'll play outside for hours, long after her sisters have given up their games, felt the cold and come trooping back inside.
You never know what she might be concocting in the bird bath. Something yummy. At least she thinks so because she keeps trying it to see if she has added enough of this or if it needs a tad more of that.
This is her domain.

2 comments:

Jo Miller said...

Wow, what a fun little girl. Each one is different. Other than things to do, I don't imagine you mind being outside. Glad you are in a place where she can easily be outside. Can't wait to see you. I am ready to dance. Going to bring my new dancing cd.
love you,
Mom

akamilby said...

She's getting so big! I can't believe how much bigger she's gotten just in the last month and a half. What a cutie! I'm especially glad for your sake that your girls are getting bigger. They'll ALL be helpers soon.